GameStop e-commerce grows 21% in 2013
April 2, 2014 10:44 AM
It was a weaker fourth quarter online but a better year overall for e-commerce for GameStop Corp. in 2013.
For the year ended Feb. 1, GameStop, No. 53 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide reported:
- E-commerce sales, which GameStop refers to as digital sales, increased 20.9% to $724.0 million from $599.0 million in 2012.
- Total sales increased 1.7% to $9.04 billion from $8.89 billion.
- Comparable-store sales grew 3.8%.
- Net earnings were $354.2 million compared with a net loss of $269.7 million in 2012.
- The web accounted for 8% of total sales compared with 6.7% in the prior year.
“Digital sales will see continued growth in 2014 with an ever increasing amount of compelling digital content being developed for the next generation of gaming consoles,” says CEO Paul Raines.
For the fourth quarter:
- E-commerce sales increased 4% to $261.0 million from $251.0 million in Q4 2012.
- Total sales increased 3.4% to $3.68 billion from $3.56 billion.
- Comparable-store sales grew 7.8%.
- Net earnings were $220.5 million compared with a net loss of $261.1 million in Q4 2012.
- The web accounted for 7.1% of total sales the same as in the prior year.