Deckers Outdoor web sales rise 16% in 2011
February 28, 2012 02:15 PM
Footwear maker Deckers Outdoor Inc. ran up strong sales across the board in 2011.
For the year ended Dec. 31, Deckers, No. 169 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales increased 16.0% to $106.5 million from $91.8 million in fiscal 2010.
- Total sales increased 37.6% to $1.377 billion compared to $1.001 billion.
- Retail sales increased 50.4% to $189 million compared to $125.6 million.
- Same-store sales rose 6.3%.
- Ugg brand sales increased about 37.5% to $1.20 billion compared to $873.1 million.
- Teva brand sales increased 23.1% to $124.8 million compared to $101.3 million.
- International sales increased 82.4% to $432.2 million compared to $236.9 million.
- Domestic sales increased 23.7% to $945.1 million compared to $764.1 million.
- Net income of $201.9 million compared with net income of $160.4 million last year, an increase of 25.9%.
Web sales accounted for 7.7% of total sales compared with 9.2% in 2010, and accounted for 56.3% of retail sales in 2011 versus 73.1% in the prior year.
For the fourth quarter:
- Online sales increased about 12.6% to $67.1 million compared to $59.5 million for the same period last year. The increase resulted from higher demand for the Ugg brand driven by new product introductions and enhanced marketing efforts combined with the launch of the Ugg brand’s United Kingdom web site, the company says.
- Total sales increased 40.4% to $603.9 million compared to $430.1 million.
- Retail sales increased 36.5% to $98.8 million compared to $72.4 million.
- Ugg brand sales increased 37.7% to $568.5 million compared to $412.8 million.
- Teva brand sales increased 45.9% to $19.4 million compared to $13.3 million.
- International sales increased about 178.6% to $147.6 million compared to $53.0 million.
- Domestic sales increased 21.0% to $456.3 million compared to $377.1 million.
- Net income of $127.2 million, compared with net income of $91.4 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 39.2%.
E-commerce sales accounted for 11.1% of total sales compared with 13.8% in 2010, and accounted for 68% of retail sales in 2011 versus 82.2% in the prior year.
“Our fourth quarter results exceeded expectations and were the highest in the history of the company for sales and profitability,” says CEO Angel Martinez. “Ugg brand sales once again grew at a robust pace during the holidays, fueling our record performance and easily pushing annual sales for the Ugg brand above $1 billion for the first time.”