Deckers appoints a new e-commerce chief
November 2, 2015 03:04 PM
The parent company of popular footwear brands Ugg and Teva has a new head of e-commerce.
Deckers Brands, No. 146 in the 2015 Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, has hired footwear industry veteran Stefano Caroti as its omnichannel president. He started Monday.
Caroti most recently was chief commercial officer for athletic footwear and apparel manufacturer Puma before stepping down at the end of 2014 for unspecified family reasons. Prior to joining Puma, Caroti spent more than two decades at Nike Inc., eventually becoming the apparel manufacturer’s vice president of its Europe, Middle East and Africa region. Puma’s parent company, Kering, is No. 145 in the Internet Retailer 2015 Europe 500; Nike is No. 107. Nike is also No. 61 in the 2015 Internet Retailer Top 500, which ranks the leading retailers in North America by their online sales.
Caroti’s global experience factored strongly into his hiring, Deckers president Dave Powers says.
“He has a strong track record of successfully running multichannel businesses for global brands,” says Powers, who previously was Deckers’ omnichannel president. “I am confident that he is the right person to lead our omnichannel division and help take our customer-centric business model to the next level.”
Last Thursday, Deckers reported its second quarter earnings. For Q2 of fiscal 2016 ended Sept. 30, Deckers, which does not break out e-commerce sales, reported:
- Direct-to-consumer sales, which includes online sales, of $86.6 million, up 2.1% from $84.8 million during the same time last year.
- Net revenue of $486.9 million, up 1.4% from $480.3 million.
- Domestic sales of $301.6 million, up 4.3% from $289.1 million.
- Net income of $36.4 million, compared to $40.7 million.
For the first six months of fiscal 2016, Deckers reported:
- Net revenue of $700.7 million, up 1.3% from $691.7 million during the same time last year.
- A net loss of $11 million, compared to a profit of $3.7 million.