Web sales grow 11% at HSN in Q2
August 7, 2015 03:49 PM
Digital sales for TV and web retailer HSN Inc. grew faster than total sales, which grew by 4%, in the second quarter of 2015. Mobile sales grew even faster than online sales at 23%.
HSN, No. 25 in theInternet Retailer 2015 Top 500 Guide, reported web sales grew 11% to $441.9 million in the quarter from $398.5 million in Q2 last year, marking the fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit digital sales growth. HSN Inc. includes the company’s HSN and Cornerstone brands.
The retailer says mobile commerce sales grew to about $154.7 million in the quarter, up 23% from last year. Mobile sales accounted for 18% of total sales in Q2 and about 35% of digital sales, CEO Mindy Grossman said on a second quarter earnings call, according to a transcript of the call obtained from Seeking Alpha.
“Extending the momentum from the past several quarters, we maintained our strategies on customer engagement, worked to optimize our digital platforms and sought ways to extend our products and experiences across the landscape of distributed commerce,” she said. “Our consistent execution also led to digital sales growth of 11% at HSN.”
For the second quarter ending June 30, HSN Inc. also reported:
- Overall net sales of $885.64 million, up 3.6% from $855.20 million during the same period in 2014.
- Net sales for HSN of $572.30 million, up 2.8% from $556.49 million during the prior-year period.
- E-commerce sales for HSN of $230.6 million, up 11.4% from $207.0 million in Q2 2014.
- Net sales for its Cornerstone Brands segment, which includes children’s apparel retailer Chasing Fireflies and home furnishings retailer Garnet Hill, were $209.3 million, up 6.5% from $196.5 million during the same period in 2014.
- E-commerce sales for Cornerstone Brands of $141.1 million, up 12.0% from about $126 million during Q2 2014.
For the first six months ending June 30, the retailer reported:
- Overall net sales of $1.728 billion, up 5.9% from $1.632 billion during the same period in 2014.
- Net sales for HSN of $1.173 billion, up 6.5% from $1.101 billion during the prior-year period.
- E-commerce sales for HSN of $475 million, up 14.7% from $414 million in 2014.
- Net sales for its Cornerstone Brands segment were $554.73 million, up 4.3% from $531.65 million during the same period in 2014.
- E-commerce sales for Cornerstone Brands of $375.5 million, up 7.5% from $349.3 million during last year.