Web sales grew 10% for Blue Nile in 2010
February 10, 2011 04:44 PM
A solid fourth quarter capped off a healthy year of growth in 2010 for online jeweler Blue Nile Inc.
For the year ended Jan. 2, Blue Nile, No. 58 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide reported:
- Sales rose year over year 10.2% to $332.9 million from $302.1 million in 2009.
- Net income increased 10.2% to $14.1 million from $12.8 million in 2009.
- International sales increased 30.4% to $43.3 million from $33.2 million.
“As we look ahead in 2011, we are well positioned to capitalize on the significant growth opportunities that we see for our business in the U.S. and international markets,” says CEO Diane Irvine.
For the fourth quarter:
- Sales rose year over year 11.6% to $114.8 million from $102.9 million in Q4 2009.
- Net income increased year over year 14.8% to $6.2 million from $5.4 million in 2009.
- International sales increased 30.8% to $15.3 million from $11.7 million in Q4 2009.
“Blue Nile delivered excellent fourth quarter results, driven by the strongest holiday sales season in our history,” Irvine says.
For the first quarter Blue Nile expects sales to range from $76 million to $78.5 million.