Web sales for AutoZone accelerate in Q3
May 26, 2011 04:23 PM
Store sales grew, but the web grew slightly faster for automotive parts and accessories retailer AutoZone Inc. in the third quarter.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2011 ended May 7, AutoZone, No. 121 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- Web sales, including all sales from AutoZone.com and AllData.com, which sells diagnostic and related repair work software, grew year over year 12.6% to $39.3 million from $34.9 million.
- Total sales increased 8.8% to $1.98 billion from $1.82 billion.
- Comparable-store sales increased 5.3%.
- Net income increased 12.2% to $227.4 million from $202.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2010.
“We remain committed to our disciplined approach of growing operating earnings while efficiently utilizing our capital,” says CEO Bill Rhodes.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.0% of sales in the third quarter, compared with 1.9% in the third quarter of fiscal 2010.
For the first three quarters:
- AutoZone didn’t break out year-to-date web sales. But based on its already reported first and second quarter numbers, Internet Retailer calculates web sales for the first nine months of fiscal 2011 grew 11.8% to $113.0 million from $101.1 million in the prior year.
- Total sales increased about 10% to $5.40 billion from $4.91 billion.
- Net income increased 16.6% to $547.5 million from $469.4 million in the first three quarters of fiscal 2010.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 2.1% in the first three quarters, the same as in the prior year.