The Mobile Commerce Market Is Exploding!
It's been five years since mobile commerce burst onto the scene as a promising new online sales channel for retailers. And in that time mobile commerce has gone from wish list to "must have" technology for web merchants of all types.
The proof is in the numbers. More retail sales are coming through mobile devices, both smartphones and tablets, and mobile sales are growing faster than web sales as a whole. In 2012 the combined sales of the 400 largest retail, ticket and travel companies ranked in the all-new and fully updated Mobile 400 grew 101.4% to $12.14 billion from $6.03 billion.
What's more 96.3% of respondents to a recent Internet Retailer magazine survey now rate mobile commerce as being important to their overall future, including 58.8% that rate it as very important. But to understand why mobile commerce is booming and what the leaders in retailing, ticketing and travel are doing to drive growth, there is only one source of detailed research—the all-new 288-page 2013 Mobile 400 Guide, published by Internet Retailer, the world's leading provider of e-commerce publications and conferences.
The all-new and fully updated guide ranks the 400 largest e-retailers, ticketers and travel companies based on their 2012 mobile sales and breaks out nearly 80 financial, marketing and operational details on each one.
In baseball you can't tell the players without a scorecard and in mobile commerce and marketing you can't follow and benchmark your mobile strategy against the leaders without the Mobile 400, a research publication jam-packed with statistics and analysis including:
- All-new financial, marketing and operational data on each of the 400 largest m-commerce web sites
- Detailed cover story on what's driving the leaders in mobile commerce forward
- Detailed overview stories on the mobile commerce ticketing and travel markets
- Exclusive analysis of what's shaping eBay into a $10 billion mobile commerce powerhouse
- Exclusive survey of web merchants on their mobile commerce results and expectations
- Business summaries, product and client details, and contact information on more than 300 mobile commerce and marketing solutions providers
- Five detailed "how to" and best practices articles written by mobile commerce experts
- Detailed case studies on eBay, JetBlue, Dell and JackThreads.com
- Detailed mobile commerce executive index