Deckers’ Q3 and 9-month web sales grow more than 25%
February 4, 2015 02:20 PM
Footwear manufacturer and retailer Deckers Outdoors Inc. posted strong e-commerce sales growth and record total sales in the third quarter of fiscal 2015.
For the third quarter ending Dec. 31, Deckers, No. 160 in the Internet Retailer 2014 Top 500, reported:
- E-Commerce sales increased 25.2% to $146.9 million compared to $117.3 million in the third quarter of 2014. The growth came primarily from an increase in global Ugg brand sales, the company says in its quarterly earnings report filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Total sales increased 6.6% to a record $784.7 million compared to $736.0 million.
- E-commerce represented 18.7% of total sales for the footwear maker in the third quarter, compared with 15.9% in the comparable period in fiscal 2014.
- Retail sales increased 8.3% to $192.7 million compared to $178.0 million.
- Comparable-store sales, which include worldwide same-store sales and e-commerce sales, increased 7.6%.
- Domestic sales increased 3.1% to $526.3 million compared to $510.7 million.
- International sales increased 14.7% to $258.4 million compared to $225.3 million for the same period last year.
- Ugg brand sales increased 6.5% to $736.0 million compared to $690.9 million.
- Net income increased 11.2% to $156.7 million from $140.9 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2014.
Angel Martinez, president and CEO notes that “demand for our core classic collection accelerated as the quarter progressed but overall sales were down due in part to a slow October and November selling period and tough year-over-year comparisons. Consumers are adopting our new footwear collections faster than we anticipated while shifting more of their purchases to our digital channel.”
For the first nine months of fiscal 2015:
- E-commerce sales increased 28.7% to $183.9 million from $142.9 million for the same period last year.
- Total sales increased 13.8% to $1.48 billion from $1.30 billion.
Net income rose 10.9% to $160.4 million from $144.7 million for the same period last year.
E-commerce represented 12.4% of total sales in the first nine months of 2015, compared with 11.0% in the comparable period in 2014. Third quarter online sales accounted for 80% of year-to-date web sales.