Deckers Outdoor boosts web sales 40% in Q2
July 30, 2012 03:19 PM
Online and total sales are up for footwear maker Deckers Outdoor Corp.
For the quarter ended July 30, 2012, Deckers, No. 161 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- A 40.4% increase in e-commerce sales, to $8.0 million from $5.7 million for the same period last year.
- Net sales of $174.4 million, a 13.1% boost from $154.2 in Q2 2011.
- Retail sales increased 25.4% to $25.2 million compared with $20.1 million for the same period last year.
- Same-store sales increased 6.8% for the thirteen weeks ending July 1, 2012 compared to the thirteen weeks ending July 3, 2011.
- Domestic sales grew 37.1% to $113.5 from $82.8 million last year.
- International sales decreased about 14.7% to $61.0 million from $71.5 million in 2011.
- Ugg brand sales decreased 0.4% to $107.9 million from $108.3 million.
- Teva brand sales decreased 15.4% to $34.1 million compared to $40.3 million.
- Sales of Sanuk-branded products were $28.0 million for the second quarter of 2012. Deckers acquired the line of surfer sandals July 1, 2011.
The web comprised about 4.6% of total sales in the second quarter, compared with 3.7% in Q2 of last year.
“We experienced better than expected sales trends in several areas of our business during the second quarter,” says Angel Martinez, president, CEO and board chairman. “Sell-through of the UGG brand in our direct-to-consumer channel was higher than planned; highlighted by an increase in e-commerce sales year over year and a 6.8% same store sales increase.”
For the first six months of 2012, the merchant reported:
- E-commerce sales of about $29.7 million, a 1.7% increase compared with $29.2 million in the first six months of last year.
- Net sales of $420.7 million, a 17.2% jump compared with $359.1 million.
- Retail sales grew 28.6%, to $71.4 million from $55.5 million.
- Domestic sales were $284.1 million, a 12.1% increase over $253.4 million in the first half of last year.
- International sales were $136.7 million, a 6.5% increase compared with $128.3 million.
The online channel comprised 7.1% of total sales in the first half of the year, compared with 8.1% last year.