CVS upgrades mobile app
February 3, 2015 12:34 PM
WOONSOCKET, RI – February 3, 2015 – CVS/pharmacy® today announced its top-rated CVS/pharmacy Mobile app has undergone a complete transformation, with new features and an improved look and feel. The new enhancements provide customers with a more intuitive and appealing mobile platform so they can easily access a variety of health management and shopping tools straight from their iPhone or Android devices. The CVS/pharmacy Mobile app empowers users to perform key pharmacy and shopping tasks at home, on the go, or while visiting their local CVS/pharmacy, including refilling prescriptions, checking for potential drug interactions and choosing to redeem personalized coupons and rewards digitally by sending them to their ExtraCare® Rewards cards with the tap of a finger. Through the updated CVS/pharmacy Mobile app, it is now easier than ever before for customers to manage their health as well as save time and money when, where and how they want.
With the goal of enhancing the customer experience, the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app updates include:
• A home screen that is more personalized and user-friendly
• An updated toolbar that makes features more readily accessible
• A more intuitive layout, with features broken out to help users better optimize the app in their everyday lives. For example, users can easily locate and click on common functions, such as retrieving ExtraCare rewards, refilling and managing prescriptions, setting up text alerts when prescriptions are ready for pick up, and even locating the nearest store.
• A simplified user experience in the ExtraCare section so that members can quickly scroll through personalized offers and ExtraBucks® Rewards and send them digitally to their cards.
"Our CVS/pharmacy Mobile app has gotten top marks from our customers, but we still constantly challenge ourselves to make it even easier, better and faster," said Brian Tilzer, senior vice president, chief digital officer for CVS Health. "It's important to us – and our customers – that we deliver a personalized mobile shopping experience and extend access to our pharmacy services in a way that's seamless. These updates empower our users to quickly scroll to the features they are looking for and take advantage of all their CVS/pharmacy needs when, where and how they want. Refilling prescriptions, getting medication reminders, and saving money on everyday health needs is now effortless and right at their fingertips, which ultimately helps our customers in meaningful ways on their path to better health."
For ExtraCare members, the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app is an invaluable tool for savings. The CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare program is the gold standard among retail rewards programs and the longest running in the drugstore space with a 15 year history. Users can store their ExtraCare card right on the app to use when shopping or picking up prescriptions.
Other ways the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app allows shoppers to stay connected to all their CVS/pharmacy needs with one simple application include:
• Refill Prescriptions – Users can import prescriptions for refill from their secure medication history, or use the Scan to Refill feature to simply scan a prescription's barcode and order it in one easy step.
• MinuteClinic – Mobile users can quickly look up a MinuteClinic closest to them, browse the types of services they provide, check to make sure their insurance will be accepted.
• myWeekly Ad – With myWeekly Ad, customers can log in to view what deals are available that week, in a circular experience that is personalized to them, displaying first the items they typically purchase or are likely to be interested in. Users can choose the deals they want to take advantage of that week, create simple shopping lists to help save time when they head into the store, and send available rewards and coupons to apply to those purchases straight to their ExtraCare card.
• Shop – Customers on-the-go can enjoy an easy mobile shopping experience with the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app or check to see if a particular item they are looking for is available in a store nearby.
• Print Photos – Printing their favorite memories is quite simple with the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app. Users just tap on the Photo section and in seconds order prints of images stored on their smartphone, CVSphoto.com account, or from their Facebook account.
• Drug Interactions – Users can use the Drug Interaction feature to check whether a prescription they are taking will have any potentially adverse reactions with other medications and over-the-counter products, foods, or lifestyle influences, such as sun exposure. The Drug Interaction feature is an easy way for users to ensure they are taking their prescriptions correctly and safely.
• Pill Identifier – This feature can help users identify what a pill is by entering in descriptive information such as shape, color and imprint.
For more information on how the CVS/pharmacy Mobile app works, customers can visit www.cvs.com/mobileapps. It is available as a free download in the Apple iTunes store and in Google Play.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with 7,800 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.