Build-A-Bear builds up its web sales
February 17, 2011 04:38 PM
After stagnating in 2009, e-commerce sales rebounded nicely for Build-A-Bear Inc. in 2010.
For the year ended Jan. 1, Build-A-Bear, No. 493 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, reported:
- E-commerce sales increased 10% to $12.1 million from $11 million in 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 1.4% to $401.5 million from $395.9 million.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 2%.
- Net income was $100,000, compared with a net loss of $12.5 million in the prior year
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 3% of total sales compared with 2.8% in the prior year.
“We drove double-digit increases in our e-commerce sales in the fourth quarter and the year," says CEO Maxine Clark.
For the fourth quarter:
- E-commerce sales increased 12% to $5.6 million from $5 million in Q4 2009.
- Total sales increased year over year 2.2% to $125.8 million from $123.1 million.
- Comparable-store sales decreased 3.7%.
Net income was $8.5 million compared to a net loss of $900,000 in Q4 2009.
Internet Retailer calculates the web accounted for 4.5% of total sales compared with 4.1% in the prior year.